- Listing Type: After School Enrichment
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Program Delivery: Online
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Forensic Science, Pre-Med, Bio Technology, Robotics, Entrepreneurship, Chemistry
- Minimum Cost: > $1,000
- Gender: Coed
- Call: (781) 431-2514
Take part in award-winning STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) teen academic virtual programs. These remote programs provide students with hands-on lab experience that is rarely accessible to them in school.
The Boston Leadership Institute is an award-winning summer program for high-achieving teens. Since 2011, BLI has provided unique, engaging, and valuable opportunities to thousands of students from around the United States and the world.
Led by highly qualified and decorated teachers and professors from the Boston area, the ever-expanding BLI lineup covers Medicine, Engineering, Business, and Science. The subject matter is challenging and exciting, and students gain important credentials to include on college applications.
Hands-on, competitive admissions programs (Biotech Research, Biomedical and Surgical Research, and Epidemics, Outbreaks, & Contagion) provide material for resumes, school recommendation letters, and college admissions essays.
Students in the Pre-Med Task Force work with a MD on COVID-related projects. Such as:
- What is the best type of face masks to battle COVID?
- What can we learn from the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic?
- What is the most effective type of hand sanitizer and can we make it ourselves?
- How do COVID fighting drugs work?
- Can sunlight really kill the virus, and why?
- Can we design the best face shield prototype?
- Where is the disease spreading and why are certain countries becoming hotspots?
- And more!
Other returning best-sellers include:
- Biotech Research: This is a competitive-admissions research program. Your instructor, Dr. Lazebnik, holds a Ph.D. in Genetics from Tufts School of Medicine. She has conducted research at the NIH, Brandeis, and the Tufts Molecular Oncology Research Institute. The teaches at Bentley University. She has been working non-stop to create an amazing experience for our students this fall. Students will complete individual research projects genetic diseases of their choice. You will then present and attend an official ceremony on the last day of the program, earning a certificate from the Boston Leadership Institute. We will also mail lab supplies right to students' houses, giving them an advanced-level hands-on experience.
- Finance & Portfolio Management: Do you want to make a LOT of money? A veteran Fidelity Analyst is bringing the stock market to life in this HIGHLY requested Fall program! Make short term and long term revenue projections, examine a company’s pipeline (are exciting products in the works?!), and evaluate customer loyalty. Dive into topical areas like drug development, identifying hot new products and scoping out competition. How confident do you feel in the new products on the horizon – are you willing to take a risk? Learn how to identify a healthy market, the difference between strong and weak management when evaluating a company’s worth, and how to perform a stock evaluation based on methods such as return on investment. You’ll split into groups, and each member will take a turn as the Portfolio Manager while the rest of the team act as Senior Analysts. The Analysts develop, pitch, and recommend to the Manager, and the Manager selects the stocks. At the end, the team will step back and assess if the proposed portfolio is balanced. The process will be repeated for the four different funds listed below! You’ll track your “investments” over the duration of the program, assessing progress and adjusting your portfolio.
- Pre-Med Task Force: An innovative remote program that weaves together research and hands-on activities, from medicine, science, engineering, and technology. The Task Force will involve students in a series of projects aimed at making a difference through innovation, research, and community service. Students will be given a unique opportunity to learn about, and help combat, one of the most challenging healthcare issues of our time. Be a part of history! Be a part of the solution.
To learn more about the program, check out our website!