- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Experience, Arts, Career Exploration, Art History
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Join our community of artists and makers, and spend your summer building a portfolio of new and exciting artwork! Engage with SMFA at Tufts’ interdisciplinary approach to art making and create conceptually sophisticated artwork.
As you learn to work with new materials and deepen your understanding of familiar mediums, you will make connections to bigger ideas.
Over the course of the program, you will participate in virtual foundations classes that will blur the lines between disciplines. Taught by a team of qualified artists and educators, these classes will include instruction to technical skills such as drawing, painting, sculpture, and digital media; allowing you to build a portfolio of materially complex, intentional works of art.
Virtual group critiques lead by instructors, virtual field trips to local museums and galleries, and an artist statement workshop will facilitate analysis and contextualization of art within the real world, encouraging you to think deeply about what it means to make art!
- Expand your art practice with the introduction of new materials and ideas
- Work one-on-one virtually with faculty to develop your portfolio
- Refine your approach to making art and renew your creativity
- Individual portfolio review sessions with SMFA admissions representatives
- Polished additions to your art portfolio
- Virtual exposure to renowned art institutions in Boston
- Take art school for a test drive
Cost and Session Information
Program Dates: July 11-30, 2021
Program Fee: $4,200
Financial Aid: Limited scholarships are available.
Applications Close: June 15, 2021 or when the program fills.
Priority deadlines may apply. Admission granted on a rolling basis.