Come join us for Engineering Investitgations, this program gives students the opportunity to learn about different disciplines within engineering to broaden their understanding of the field, explore future career paths and highlight the multiple ways engineers work and impact the world.
This introductory engineering program is designed to provide an overview into the many disciplines within this broad field, such as
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
Many of the significant challenges facing society involve engineering -- from clear water, to renewable energy, to personalized medicine. As Engineering is a diverse field with multiple sub-fields and many possible career pathways, this program will provide students with an overview of the different disciplines within engineering to broaden their understanding of the field and highlight the multiple ways engineers work and impact the world!
Engineering Investigations balances presentations and discussions with hands-on and minds-on explorations of engineering. Participants will hear from researchers, students, and industry professionals about their work in research, design, and entrepreneurship. In addition, participants will be engaged in learning methods and approaches for engineering design, exploring engineering ethics and its intersections with ethics and social justice, and applying these ideas through hands-on projects. The program culminates in students taking a deeper dive into an area of engineering they find engaging in order to develop a final product or presentation.
- Explore the breadth of engineering theory and practice with world-class faculty, including engineering ethics and its intersections with social justice
- Work in teams to apply engineering theory to real-world problems
- Hear from Tufts faculty and industry experts who are leaders in their fields
- Become lifelong friends with students from all over the world
- Excellent academic experience
- Broadened understanding of the different disciplines within engineering and the multiple ways engineering impacts the world
- Culminating project taking a deeper dive into an area of engineering students find engaging
Commuter Student - $4,000
Residential Student - $5,500
Limited scholarships are available.
Applications Close: May 1, 2022 or when the program fills.
Priority deadlines may apply. Admission granted on a rolling basis.