- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Experience, STEM, Design, Arts, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Call: (617) 627-3454
Explore the exciting field of graphic design with the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University faculty. Spend a week this summer diving into the Adobe Creative Cloud software tools, hearing from professional graphic designers, and exploring the intersection of liberal arts and art education.
Whether you’re interested in marketing, communications, photo editing, or the graphic arts umbrella, this program will teach you about the creative process and arm you with the tools to be off and running with making your own designs.
In today’s heavily digital world, career opportunities related to graphic design are endless. Join Tufts’ Graphic Design Bootcamp for a crash course in design, culminating with finished pieces of work after a week of immersive exploration in the field. Go back to school with the skills to make digital design products, including posters, album covers, flyers, portraits, Instagram ads, newsletters, party invitations, you name it! Tap into your creativity and add resume-building purpose to your summer.
- Access Tufts’ renowned art school faculty
- Engage in a unique interdisciplinary approach to graphic design; combining liberal arts disciplines (psychology, writing, communications) with art and design
- Learn valuable résumé-building skills that can be applied to many areas of interest
- Get creative while strengthening communication and writing skills
- Explore real-world tools and techniques and meet professionals in the field
- Get a taste of an online college course and make lifelong friends from around the world
- Strong understanding of the creative process as it relates to creating digital art
- Knowledge of tools and functions of Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Understanding of graphic design as a career path; its usages in every industry
- 1-2 completed pieces of work
Cost and Session Information
Program Dates: August 1-6, 2021
Program Fee: $2,000
Financial Aid: Limited scholarships are available.
Applications Close: May 1, 2021 or when the program fills
Priority deadlines may apply. Admission granted on a rolling basis.