- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Engineering
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
Welcome to Engineering Investigations - Virtual! Thanks to the wonders of digital platforms, we are able to bring the exciting and rigorous academic experience of Engineering Design Lab safely to you in your home.
Many of the significant challenges facing society involve engineering -- from clear water, to renewable energy, to personalized medicine. Engineering is a diverse field with multiple sub-fields and many possible career pathways. The Engineering Investigations program will provide students with an overview of the different disciplines within engineering to broaden their understanding of the field and highlight the multiple ways engineers work and impact the world!
Engineering Investigations balances presentations and discussions with hands-on and minds-on explorations of engineering. Participants will hear from researchers, students, and industry professionals about their work in research, design, and entrepreneurship. In addition, participants will be engaged in learning methods and approaches for engineering design, exploring engineering ethics and its intersections with ethics and social justice, and applying these ideas through hands-on projects. The program culminates in students taking a deeper dive into an area of engineering they find engaging in order to develop a final product or presentation.
- Explore the breadth of engineering theory and practice with world-class faculty, including engineering ethics and its intersections with social justice
- Work in teams to apply engineering theory to real-world problems
- Hear from Tufts faculty and industry experts who are leaders in their fields
- Become lifelong friends with students from all over the world
- Excellent academic experience
- Broadened understanding of the different disciplines within engineering and the multiple ways engineering impacts the world
- Culminating project taking a deeper dive into an area of engineering students find engaging