Modern Storytelling: Video Streaming for TV and Film is open to high school students of all abilities who dream of telling important stories across different media platforms. Participants will learn how to create film and shows in our on-campus production studio, where they will develop, shoot, edit and share their stories using our field camera equipment and editing labs.
The School of Communications at Quinnipiac welcomes students who dream of becoming the next big content creator to join us in telling their stories to the world.
Based out of our Ed McMahon Communications Center, participants will learn practical media production skills and techniques. You will be working alongside experienced faculty and staff members who will share their expertise in media production and their desire to inspire and teach youth.
Content created during the camp may be used on our various Quinnipiac media channels, as well as for your own channels and personal portfolios.
At the end of this program, you will walk away with:
- The ability to create dynamic and diverse media content for all types of audiences
- A comprehensive experience working in a team environment with others who share your passions
- Skills in scripting, editing, reporting and producing professional-caliber content
- Professional content you can use on your own social media channels, or in portfolios for applications to college-level programs including media production, communications, broadcasting and more
2023 Dates: July 24 - July 28
This program offers two options:
Option 1. Residential overnight option, includes full room & board, as well as evening and weekend activities: $1,680
Option 2. Weekday commuter student (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) lunch included: $1,200
Both options include:
- Programming that is faculty-designed and delivered
- All program materials
- All technology and software support
- Quinnipiac T-shirt
- Certificate of completion
- Special Quinnipiac Admissions events
Partial financial support may be available for those who indicate the need for financial assistance in their online application. Financial support awards are based on a combination of financial need and academic merit.