Quinnipiac’s summer programs & camps are designed to provide more than just the chance to explore your interests, but a means to expand your skills and accomplishments using project-based experiential learning. Programs operate on all 3 of our campuses, across 600 acres in Hamden and North Haven, Connecticut, as well as in the convenience of your own home through an interactive online education platform. ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Photography
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (203) 582-7558
Introduction to Photography is perfect for high-school students looking to upgrade their photography skills. This 1-week program provides an immersive, hands-on digital photography curriculum focused on both the creative and the technical, as well as post-production editing techniques to make your photos shine.
Students will learn basic photography and digital processing principles using their own interchangeable lens camera in this 5-day program. Meeting together using Zoom and working on their own, students will practice principles of exposure, composition, and other techniques to further their photographic skills. Designed for students ages 15-18, they will produce work that could be used in a portfolio for admission to a photography, photojournalism, communications, or fine-art college-level program.
At the end of this program, you’ll walk away with:
- An organized digital photography portfolio showcasing a variety of different skills and styles
- Edited photographs demonstrating your ability to compose, edit and process digital photos
- A certificate of completion, with a personal review and assessment from a Quinnipiac professor
This program has not yet been scheduled for Summer 2023. If you are interested in learning more about this program, please be sure to "Request Info" and we'll get back to you as plans are made.
Cost and Session Information
Option 1: 1-week program, plus full room & board (overnight): $1,680
Option 2: 1-week program, Monday-Friday, on-campus program (commuter), lunch: $1,200
All options include:
- One week of faculty-designed and delivered programming, administered online or on campus with educational support staff and program materials
- All technology and software support
- Quinnipiac T-shirt
- Certificate of completion with personal assessment from a QU professor
- Special Quinnipiac Admissions events
Partial financial support may be available for those who indicate the need for support in their application. Financial support awards are based on a combination of need and merit.