The Healthcare Career Exploration Academy is designed for high school students who want to learn about career opportunities within allied health professions, gain certification in health-related skills, and earn two credits that will transfer to Quinnipiac University.
In this exciting 2-week program, high school students will be introduced to a variety of health professions all while engaging in hands-on skill building such as proficiency in taking vital signs, introduction to suturing techniques, fabrication of custom orthoses, basic gait training and transfer skills, bench science laboratory techniques and basic dissection techniques. Also, attendees will have the opportunity to earn certificates in Basic First Aid, Mental Health First Aid and Stop the Bleed. Additionally, attendees will have the opportunity to earn two credit hours of course credit transferable to Quinnipiac University.
This program is perfect for high school students who are interested in a future career in health professions, those who are problem-solvers and those wishing to build their resumes and gain experience through skill building, certifications, and developing professional skills required of all health professionals.
At the end of this interactive experience, you will walk away with:
- Three Certifications: Basic First Aid, Stop the Bleed and Mental Health First Aid
- The opportunity to earn up to two (2) college credits transferable to Quinnipiac University
- Foundational knowledge in interprofessional education and experience with patient simulation
- Hands-on, skill-building experiences within specific health professions
- An understanding of health profession career options, and knowledge of how different professions use their skills and expertise to solve problems across the healthcare industry
2023 Dates: July 10 - July 21
Option 1: 2-week program, plus full room & board (overnight) and weekend activities: $3,360
Option 2: 2-week program, Monday-Friday, on-campus program (commuter), lunch: $2,400
Both options include:
- Two weeks of faculty-designed and delivered programming, administered on-campus with educational support staff and program materials
- All technology and software support
- Quinnipiac T-shirt
- Certificate of completion
- Special Quinnipiac Admissions events
Partial financial support may be available for those who indicate the need for support in their application. Financial support awards are based on a combination of need and merit.