- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, Indonesia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Semester, Quarter
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Hotel, Tents
- Application Fee: $500
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Hike, kayak and surf your way through Australia and Bali on this exciting and fulfilling 10-week gap year program!
Learn about marine and beach conservation on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef, work with New South Wales Parks to learn about sustainability, discover Australia’s beautiful beaches and desert outback, immerse yourself in Balinese culture and go on a yoga retreat in Bali. You will explore incredible National Parks, islands, beaches, waterfalls, gorges and geographical sites, as well as gain skills with lessons in marine conservation, snorkeling, surfing and canyoning.
This 10-week gap semester program combines volunteer service-learning, marine conservation and amazing educational adventure travel. Prepare to be immersed in unique environments and cultures and to learn about sustainability and conservation with projects on the East Coast and in the Northern Territory of Australia.