- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Six Weeks
- Start Month: March, October
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Hotel, Tents, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $500
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Minimum Cost: $5,000 - $9,999
Join us on an epic gap year program through Costa Rica to spot spider monkeys in the rainforests, surf the waves and relax on the tropical beaches!
Welcome to one of the happiest countries on earth, perhaps stemming from the laid-back Tico outlook combined with the incredible model of eco-stewardship Costa Rica boasts. You will learn all about environmental sustainability at a permaculture farm, before heading off and seeing the incredible biodiversity Costa Rica has to offer. Think surfing lessons on the vast beaches of the Pacific Coast, kayaking past secret islets, and hiking through pristine rainforests.
Experience a gap year program where you will not only get to immerse yourself into the culture by living under the same roof as a Costa Rican family, but you will also get to expand yourself personally. The nature-based activities will have you raging through rapids, feeling the rainforest watching you, and seeing new wildlife. You'll even get up and personal with the wildlife at an animal rescue center, where you will help care for sloths and howler monkeys.