- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Thailand
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Experience an enriching 30-day summer program in Thailand with one week of volunteer work and three weeks of educational adventure travel!
Thailand is incredibly diverse – the mountainous jungle up north is populated by numerous minority tribal groups and has stunning national parks, while tropical islands in the south have some of the world’s best beaches and snorkeling spots. It is wonderful to contrast the mega-city bustle and excitement of Bangkok with relaxed and friendly provincial towns and villages. Traveling with us you’ll have the chance to taste a less-touristy slice of the country and uncover the true essence of Thailand.
We take you to the north where you take a deep dive into the hill-tribe culture and an elephant sanctuary for the beginning of the program and are rewarded with some of the most stunning beaches in the world for the final portion of the trip. Immerse yourself in elephant conservation learning; discover Thailand’s fascinating cities and culture; explore the incredible jungle, islands, and beaches; gain skills with lessons in Buddhist meditation, Thai cooking, Muay Thai and rock climbing. Join us on a journey to the heart of Thailand for a life-changing summer abroad!
- Multi-night hill tribe trek through the jungle staying in ethnic minority villages
- Meditation, yoga and hiking by the lakes of Khao Sok National Park
- Rewarding conservation project working with elephants
- Volunteer project working with NGO Daughters Rising
- Rock-climbing and canyoning adventures in north and south Thailand (no experience needed)
- Exploration of Bangkok via e-scooter!
- City tour of the coolest town in northern Thailand; Chiang Mai
- Exploring spectacular Railay Peninsula
- Thailand’s kaleidoscopic markets and temples
- Thai cooking course and Muay Thai (Thai Martial Art) classes
- Exploring the best islands and beaches in southern Thailand
- Very personalized and supportive small group experience – maximum 14 students