Learn to rock climb, explore Buddhist temples and volunteer at an elephant sanctuary on this cultural Summer Program through Thailand!
From immersing in Bangkok's bustling mega-city vibes to climbing on Railay's limestone ocean cliff walls, our trip in Thailand is incredibly diverse. The mountainous northern jungle is populated by minority tribal groups and has stunning national parks, while tropical islands in the south have some of the world’s best beaches and snorkeling spots. Traveling with us, you’ll have the chance to get off the beaten track and uncover the true essence of a South East Asian experience.
From cultural immersion in the mountains to island living, the program is deliberately staged with the ideal combination of adventure and relaxation. You’ll get a taste of everything from volunteering at an elephant sanctuary, practicing thai cooking and muay thai, tubing down rivers in Khao Sok National Park, and getting zen at a meditation retreat near Pai! Join us on this truly scintillating and sensory journey that captures the ‘real’ Thailand.
- Get up close and personal with elephants during a volunteer project at an elephant sanctuary
- Work with an organization that helps to break the cycle of poverty in Thailand
- Explore the best islands and beaches in southern Thailand
- Learn to make authentic Thai food during a cooking workshop
- Hike in the amazing jungle of Khao Sok National Park
- Find inner peace during a Buddhist meditation session
- Kayak around the beaches and islets surrounding Railay Beach
- Rock climbing and canyoning adventures in northern and southern Thailand
- Discover spectacular temples and vibrant markets in the fascinating city of Bangkok
- Try your hand at Muay Thai (or Thai boxing), the country’s national sport
- Wander around the Old City, the cultural heart of Chiang Mai
Program fee inclusions: Visa, all in-country travel and transport, all accommodation and most meals. The program fee also covers two weeks of volunteer conservation projects, lectures from resident experts on conservation and eco-tourism, and all excursions and activities as described in the itinerary (unless noted as optional). Experienced program leaders, an online image library for your program, alumni network and assistance with booking international flights are also benefits of the program.