- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Surfing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Navigate through rainforests and marine reserves a journey of biodiversity, adventure, and insight.
This summer program offers an enriching and inspiring experience in Costa Rica. During the four weeks, you will trek through multiple National Parks, walk through clouds in the world-renowned cloud forest, and witness bioluminescence in Curu National Park. Jump right out of your comfort zone with a rafting trip and get involved with a volunteer project at the Costa Rica Animal Rescue Center where you will get to provide service for those animals who are impacted by the illegal animal trade. After a week of hard work and animal snuggles, head over to Jaco beach where you will get to try your hand at surfing. Sink your toes into the sand for a few days with a reflective yoga retreat on the sleepy pacific coast and then wind your way over to the mysteriously misty hill town of Montverde.
Experience a summer program where you will not only explore Costa Rica, but you will expand yourself personally. The nature-based activities will have you challenging new heights, pushing through humidity amongst the clouds, feeling the rainforest watching you and seeing new wildlife. With our volunteer projects you learn about the impacts that you can make for other living creatures first-hand. Finally, learn a new skill by riding the surf of the ocean!
- Volunteer in rewarding conservation projects working with an animal rescue center
- A yoga and meditation journey on the shores of the Pacific Coast.
- Surfing on vast sandy beaches of the Pacific coast with professional guides.
- Investigating sustainable agriculture and its importance in developing communities.
- Hiking and exploring the wind swept south west coast of the Nicoya Peninsula
- Exploration through the cloud forested region of Monteverde
- Delicious local cuisine
- Very personalized small group experience, maximum of 14 participants.
Cost and Session Information
Program fee inclusions: all in-country travel and transport, all accommodation and most meals. The fee also includes all excursions and activities as described in the itinerary (unless noted as optional).