- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, New Zealand
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Other
- Start Month: January, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
New Zealand and Australia are two of the most ecologically intact and diverse countries in the world, and this experiential travel semester offers an amazing immersion during the temperate southern hemisphere spring and summer months.
It combines three week-long service-learning conservation projects in diverse national parks and marine reserves; five multi-day outdoor expeditions including backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing and surfing; and educational adventure travel through New Zealand and Australia’s stunning mountain, forest and beach environments.
Facilitated by our supportive and experienced Program Instructors, this is an excellent study abroad or gap year option for students wanting to develop personal and leadership skills, have new experiences and challenge themselves, be immersed in unique environments and learn about sustainability.
The program is open to high school graduates, university students and graduates, ideally 18 – 24 years. Optional transferable academic credit is available to all participants.