This epic gap year program through New Zealand and Australia will reveal the wonders of life Down Under, before you hike, climb and camp your way through Aotearoa...(more)
- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Other
- Start Month: September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Hotel, Tents, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $500
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Experience an inspiring travel semester abroad on this Southeast Asia gap year program through the Buddhist countries of Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Join us on this epic journey through the remote minority villages of Laos, the diverse landscapes of Vietnam, the world-famous Cambodian temples of Angkor Wat, all the way to the stunning beaches of Southern Thailand. This 70-day gap year semester offers you an enriching fusion of community and animal rescue volunteer projects, cultural immersion, Thai cooking, Buddhist meditation, snorkelling, and of course, non-stop adventure!
Southeast Asia can’t be beaten for the sheer diversity of cultures, histories and landscapes in a geographically small area. Your days will be as varied as the countries you visit, with a fusion of hands-on volunteer work with elephants, connecting with locals during homestays, camping under the stars on an overnight rafting trip, and good doses of jungles and beaches.