- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Business, College Experience, Leadership, Work Experience, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration
- Call: (781) 551-6773 ext. 134
This concentration provides an unparalleled opportunity for students to explore leadership, entrepreneurship, and business fundamentals with real-world projects created exclusively for EXPLO by the experts.
- Analyze real business problem cases
- Present solutions in a Business Case Competition to consultants from Tyton Partners
- Deep-dive into Harvard Business School case studies
- Practice professional networking and business collaborations
Program description: Get hands-on experience in the work of the profession with projects created by industry experts who are innovating the future of their fields. In the Business concentration, you’ll be challenged to think like an effective leader. You’ll learn valuable leadership strategies, frameworks for strategy and scaling, and models for developing and testing new ideas used by many of the best business leaders from a wide variety of industries. Connect with people who have secured investors, launched businesses, and scaled companies. Learn from their successes and (more importantly) from their missteps. For the culminating project, you and a small team will consult with a real business or startup on a problem they currently face. Then, you’ll prepare an evidence-backed business solution and present it to the business owner and a panel of consultants from Tyton Partners, Boston.
Our Business experts include:
- P.Y. Nicole Chang, MBA, JD: President/Owner, Coder’s School Los Angeles + Global Business Consultant
- Marc Cosentino: Founder of Case Questions; CEO, Burgee Atlantic
- Kimberly Kalb Baumgarten, MBA: Head of Marketing for Houseparty; Marketing Director for Fortnite
In addition to engaging academics and career exploration, EXPLO mirrors the many opportunities undergraduate students have at their fingertips when they get to college. Learn to navigate your choices and cultivate a wide range of interests that will enrich your undergraduate experience — and your life. Explore the picturesque Mount Holyoke College campus, attend academic sessions featuring special guest speakers, participate in student clubs, and more. You’ll check in at your residence hall by 10:30 PM to relax with your friends and get ready for another day of exploration and adventure.