What if you could test drive your future before making a decision that defines the course of your life? ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Business, Entrepreneurship, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (781) 762-7400
- Meeting: Schedule a Meeting
Connect with industry experts, including EXPLO alumni, who are active entrepreneurs and consultants from leading firms. Get insights and tips on everything from securing internships to developing great leadership behaviors.
College Credits Available.
Motivated by an intense desire to address the complex challenges of our future, social entrepreneurs see the world not just as it is now, but how it could be. They possess leadership capabilities, including deep self-awareness, empathy, adaptability, and a purpose-driven mindset in order to be a global change-maker. Prepare to be challenged to think differently, encouraged to shift your own perspective, and empowered to become an entrepreneurial force for change. Learn effective leadership and business strategies, frameworks for sustainability and scaling, and models for developing and testing ideas.
In EXPLO Pre-College Entrepreneurship, learn how leading entrepreneurs develop a deep understanding of the communities they impact to effectively tackle a variety of social challenges including poverty, climate change, and equitable access to education. Connect with social entrepreneurs from around the world who have launched businesses that address social challenges and scaled organizations globally through securing funding. Learn from their successes and, more importantly, their missteps. For the culminating project, collaborate with your team to help a local community with a real problem they currently face. Deliver an innovative solution with your team to address this need to a panel of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and experts for feedback on a variety of dimensions, including feasibility, scalability, and potential for meaningful impact.
College Credit is available through Sarah Lawrence and Hampshire College. Learn more.
- Case Interview training with Marc Cosentino — McKinsey + Company says “Cosentino is the Dean of Case Interviews.” Cosentino’s coaching can prepare you to nail business case interviews, a prerequisite for many competitive internships and jobs in the industry. Cosentino also explains how you can start a case competition team at your high school and join a case competition network.
- World-Class Experts — Connect with industry experts, including EXPLO alumni, who are active entrepreneurs and consultants from leading firms. Get insights and tips on everything from securing internships to developing great leadership behaviors.
- Design Sprint — Confront an entrepreneurial challenge using a one-week Design Sprint structure to identify a root cause of a problem, evaluate solutions, then create and test prototypes with authentic stakeholders.
Cost and Session Information
Session 1: June 25 – July 14, 2023
Session 2: July 16 – August 4, 2023
Tuition at EXPLO is all-inclusive in nature: it includes all programming costs, course supplies, room and board, food, evening events, and entertainment.
Industry-leading Program/Travel Protection plans are available.