- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Business, Literature, STEM, Writing, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (617) 353-1378
Get a taste of college life for one exciting week this summer, from anywhere in the world. Delve into fascinating subjects. Make new friends. Explore the fun, vibrant city of Boston.
Boston University's one-week noncredit Summer Preview program offers rising eighth, ninth, and tenth graders a choice of three different weeklong seminars. It’s a great opportunity for you to dig into an area of academic interest or become familiar with an entirely new subject. This summer's seminars include:
- Creative Writing: Finding Your Voice
- Discovering Biology: Building Blocks of Life
- Introduction to Business: Investing in Your Future
Summer Preview combines academic and social opportunities. In your chosen seminar, you’ll attend lectures alongside a small group of motivated peers and gain exposure to a specific area of academic interest. Along with your studies, you’ll meet and start friendships with students from around the world. This summer, a variety of group social activities will introduce you to BU, to college life, and the city of Boston. You’ll also benefit from a college workshop designed to help maximize your high school studies, so you’re prepared to fill out those college applications when the time comes.
Summer Preview is open to both commuter and residential students. Please note: You must be 14 years of age or older by the start of the program to live in the dorm. All rising eighth graders must commute to Summer Preview.