- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Literature, Reading, Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Call: (617) 358-3034
Academic Immersion: Creative Writing at Boston University gives students the opportunity to develop their writer's voice in a supportive, inspiring environment. Participants learn formal techniques in multiple genres from seasoned instructors and particpate in workshops that build confidence as well as skill.
For Summer 2021, Boston University's Academic Immersion: Creative Writing program is fully remote.
For rising juniors and seniors, Academic Immersion: Creative Writing is a three-week, remote, intensive writing program offered in partnership with Boston University’s MFA program in Creative Writing, one of the oldest and most prestigious programs in the nation.
Designed to help young writers hone their craft, AIM’s Creative Writing track will focus on a single genre each week, immersing you in the practice of writing fiction, poetry, and screenplays. You will develop formal technique in each genre during morning seminars led by BU instructors who are also seasoned writers. Your afternoons will be filled with writing workshops, free-write sessions and visits from guest speakers. The program concludes with a “writers showcase,” in which students share one of their own pieces with their peers and other members of the BU community.
During the program, you will:
- Learn formal techniques and approaches to writing poetry, fiction, and screenplays
- Study with accomplished writers who are part of BU’s MFA Program in Creative Writing, one of the most highly ranked programs in the country
- Practice your craft and hone your style while gaining valuable insight into the writing process
- Develop confidence in your creative writing abilities through constructive critique and feedback
There are plenty of remote social activities to make sure everyone becomes familiar with BU and each other! You can participate in scheduled group activities and will be able to mix it up and join students in our other programs for a variety of scheduled remote events.