- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Engineering, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $45,910
- Out of State Tuition: $45,910
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: The Common App, The Coalition Application, CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges), Army ROTC, Navy ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 3087
- IPED: 164988
BU is a large, private urban research institution with 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study to inspire and challenge students. Bachelors, masters, and doctorate degree programs are all offered. BUs Metropolitan College is specifically designed for nontraditional students.
Boston University is an international, comprehensive, private research university, committed to educating students to be reflective, resourceful individuals ready to live, adapt, and lead in an interconnected world. Boston University is committed to generating new knowledge to benefit society.
We remain dedicated to our founding principles: that higher education should be accessible to all and that research, scholarship, artistic creation, and professional practice should be conducted in the service of the wider community—local and international. These principles endure in the Universitys insistence on the value of diversity, in its tradition and standards of excellence, and in its dynamic engagement with the City of Boston and the world.
Boston University comprises a remarkable range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs built on a strong foundation of the liberal arts and sciences. With the support and oversight of the Board of Trustees, the University, through our faculty, continually innovates in education and research to ensure that we meet the needs of students and an ever-changing world.