- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Experience, STEM, Psychology
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Call: (617) 358-3034
Academic Immersion (AIM): Introduction to Experimental Psychology combines classroom work in the psychological sciences with the experience of conducting research. Students learn to design and carry out their own experiments, under the supervision of Boston University instructors.
This innovative, three-week program not only provides students with a broad introduction to the field of psychology, but it also gives participants the opportunity to learn how to design and execute research projects.
You will spend each morning attending seminars in psychology coursework to help you develop important research skills. You will also gain exposure to the types of career paths available to those majoring in psychology-related fields. In the afternoons, you will work in teams to design and carry out your own experiments under the supervision of BU instructors. You and your team members will collect and analyze data in the field, as research psychologists typically do. You and your fellow team members will collect and analyze data in the field, as research psychologists typically do. At the end of the three weeks, you will be able to present the findings of your experiments to your peers and other members of the BU community.
This summer, you can expect to:
- Conduct project-based experimental research
- Learn research design and data collection
- Perform data analysis and create impactful visualizations
- Attend presentations of ongoing, cutting-edge research by BU faculty and professionals in the field of psychology
- Meet with undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdocs who are working in the psychological sciences
- Build your communication skills
There are plenty of remote social activities to make sure everyone becomes familiar with BU and each other! You can participate in scheduled group activities and will be able to mix it up and join students in our other programs for a variety of scheduled remote events.