- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Musical Theatre Arts, Design, Arts
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Application Deadline: 03/15/22
This course is designed to introduce students to the practice and techniques of costume, lighting and scene design for theatre and film.
LMU's Summer Pre-College applications are now open for summer 2022! Apply by our March 15, 2022 deadline for the best chance at being placed in your top choice program.
This exciting course encourages deep analysis of the characters and stories we make and consume, seeking to improve students' visual literacy alongside teaching the skills of design. Focusing on the element of visual storytelling, students will research and design ideas intended to engage an audience and relate a script. Instruction will include seeing two plays with an eye toward analyzing how its designs relate to the production.
Throughout the two-week program, students can expect to:
- Read scripts and do research based on the scripts' details
- Make a series of drawings or small scenic models based on a script
- Make sketches/collages/or representations of their designs.
Cost and Session Information
Session Dates: June 27 - July 10, 2021
Two-week residential, non-credit programs: $5,100