- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Hotel, Tents
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Explore the tropical paradise of the Hawaiian islands of O’ahu, Kauai, and the Big Island, where white sand beaches, turquoise waters, and tropical forest become our classroom.
Building on 38 years of domestic programming and our long standing partnerships with impactful local organizations, this unique semester allows us to investigate important environmental and social issues while immersing ourselves in the Aloha culture. Protect native forests and important watersheds in O’ahu. Learn about marine ecosystems while earning your SCUBA certification in Kauai. Investigate important food security issues and help with projects to ensure local sustainability. Lend an important hand in coral and intertidal studies and learn to surf on the island of Hawai’i. Discover unbelievable beauty and culture while getting to know these famous islands like a local!