For 40 years ARCC has offered extraordinary programs for teenagers in some of the world’s most spectacular locations. Our mission is to provide unique, life changing educational experiences for teenagers in places rarely visited and seldom experienced...(more)
- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Belize, Cambodia, Chile, Costa Rica, Fiji, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, United States, Vietnam, Tanzania, Nepal, Uganda, Bali, Hawaii, Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Homestay, Hotel, Other, Tents, Boat
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Affiliation: Gap Year Association
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
- Call: (415) 332-5075
ARCC Programs has offered programs for students since 1983. ARCC Gap Semesters are an academic semester with a defined curriculum and leadership development component. Program Locations: Africa, Asia, Central America, South America, Oceania, Europe, United States.
ARCC Gap Semesters are an educational and cultural bridge between high school and college. They are an opportunity to live, work, learn and explore in some of the greatest classrooms on earth. Designed with a rich academic fabric complementing each and every location, these semesters highlight regional issues that are directly linked to global challenges.
On an ARCC Gap Semester we go behind the scenes to meet with local experts, field researchers, scholars and community leaders to research and study issues and their impact on the communities we visit. We immerse ourselves into the culture through homestays, projects and exchange. Working in partnership with area leaders, we pinpoint worthwhile projects and collaborate with community members to achieve a common goal.
An ARCC Gap Semester is life changing. It is an opportunity to reach out and experience both life and the world from a different perspective.
As a community, we embark on a journey of discovery of people, places, cultures, and ideas. Over the course of our travels, we examine six essential themes pertaining to our geographies: Public Health, Literacy and Education, The Movement of Peoples, Environment and Conservation, Indigenous Rights and Histories, and Social Justice.
ARCC offers Gap Semesters in Asia, South America, Central America, Oceania, Africa, Europe, and the United States. Each program is an educational semester (70 days) in a small group setting with a defined curriculum and leadership development component.
College credit is available.