- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Whitewater Rafting, Animal Rights and Rescue, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Immerse Yourself in the Paradise of Canyonlands National Park and Volunteer With Local Conservation Organizations, Discover Your Leadership Style Through ARCC’s Extensive Leadership Curriculum, Go on a a Multi-Day Rafting Trip Through the Colorado River’s Famed Cataract Canyon, and Visit Arches National Park and Catch a Sunset at the Delicate Arch. Find out more!
Enter a world of red-rock spires and intricate canyons as we take an in-depth look at important environmental issues impacting the American West. Live every adventurer’s dream with a four-day rafting trip down the celebrated Colorado River while learning about water rights and the geological history of these sacred lands.
Volunteer at a wolf sanctuary to study the often misunderstood Gray Wolf and learn how this center lives sustainably off the land. Drop into slot canyons carved over millennia and hike a maze of twisted orange spires and misshapen arches. Walk the enchanting lands of the Anasazi and Hopi Indians, discover wildlife that call this unique landscape home, and bathe in colorful desert sunsets found only in the West!