On this student community service and environmental stewardship program in the Florida Keys, teens have the opportunity to make a difference by helping restore coral nurseries, preserving the marine environment, learning about proper dolphin care, and much more! You’ll also learn how to protect biodiversity and ocean life through partnerships with the scientific community.
This Florida Keys student experience uses a service-learning framework where our staff provide guidance and reflection on the impact of the work we do throughout the program. Beautiful beaches and laid-back island vibes are just a bonus on this community service program. By the time of your final banquet dinner, you will be a close-knit group, wishing you could prolong your stay to help even more!
- Snorkel around either coral nurseries and active restoration sites or John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park practicing your Fish ID skills.
- Soak up the sun on gorgeous Florida Keys beaches & Bahia Honda State Park.
- Kayak through diverse tropical ecosystems; mangrove, sea grass, and coral reef.
- Get up close and personal with dolphins on an in-water splash & swim experience.
- Spy fierce reptiles on an airboat in Everglades National Park.
- Help keep the Dolphins Plus: Marine Mammal Responder facility running smoothly.
- Bask in the Mallory Square Sunset Celebration watching the glowing pink and red sun sink into the horizon.
- Go behind the scenes at the Turtle Hospital for sick and injured sea turtles.