- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
SOCAPA mixes the best of elite film programs and exciting summer camps. Nowhere else will you find this level of filmmaking intensity combined with this much fun. Find out more!
SOCAPA offers one, two and three week intensives in screenwriting. Students have the option of developing two short screenplays (4-8 pages each), one longer screenplay (10-12 pages), or the first act of a feature-length screenplay. The course is designed to serve as a precursor to our filmmaking workshops with the idea that students will go on to produce and direct the screenplays that they write in this course during a SOCAPA filmmaking session later in the summer or the following year. Work with professionals from the industry to learn the tricks of the trade, and establish a network of peer mentors to workshop projects and ideas during your time at camp and beyond!