- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
SOCAPA offers 1, 2 and 3 week summer programs in traditional 35mm darkroom and/or digital photography with an emphasis on aesthetics and portfolio development. Students take classes in studio and portrait photography, photojournalism, documentary, fine art photography, Photoshop, and Lightroom.
Our Summer Photography Programs are closely tied to our Acting, Filmmaking, Dance and Music Programs. As part of their assignment each week, a photography student may be sent out to shoot production stills on a film set one morning or off to the studio to light and shoot headshots for an actor one afternoon. In this way, each photography student builds an impressive entertainment portfolio to complement the documentary and fine art work they do in class and on field shoots. This also allows the photography students to mingle and work with other young visual and performing artists, which often leads to future collaborations and, more importantly, friendships that last a lifetime.