- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
SOCAPA mixes the best of elite film programs and exciting summer camps. Nowhere else will you find this level of filmmaking intensity combined with this much fun. Write, direct and edit a film per week of attendance. Introductory to advanced opportunites. Find out more!
The first two days of the week are spent learning the fundamentals of filmmaking with separate classes in screenwriting, directing technique, producing, cinematography and sound recording. By midweek, students are "in production" making their first films in small crews of three to four filmmakers along with several actors from the acting program. Students then go on to edit their films and share them with the whole camp at our weekly Friday showcase! Instructors are professionals in their field and offer current insight and networking opportunities to motivated students.