- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music, Filmmaking and Digital Media
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
SOCAPA mixes the best of professional music programs and exciting summer camp experiences. Nowhere else will you find this level of creative intensity combined with this much fun. SOCAPA’s Music Camp for high school students & teens focuses on developing songwriting and musical performance skills. Studio writing and playing time is complemented by experiencing live performances, meeting accomplished musicians, and more, all in the heart of New York City or Los Angeles.
SOCAPA’s Music Program provides development in music performance through the Singer/Songwriter intensives with the vocalist or house band option. Students write/arrange, perform, and record their own music. Students attending for 3 weeks experience playing at the professional level, from song conception - writing and workshopping the lyrics and music - to music video production and everything in between. Studio writing and playing time is complemented by experiencing live performances, meeting accomplished musicians, and more, all in the heart of New York City or Los Angeles.