BE MORE THAN A TOURIST! Global Routes is a pioneer in the world of immersive international programming for high school students. Our transformative program model combines meaningful community service, authentic homestays, and unparalleled adventures off-the-beaten-track...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Greece, Italy
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Architecture, Arts, Environmental Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Credit Awarded: No
From Rome to Athens, develop a deeper understanding of ancient history and culture, informing today’s sustainability and climate resilience efforts.
WHO WE ARE
We offer students the unparalleled opportunity to immerse themselves in small rural communities, develop deep and mutually fulfilling cross-cultural relationships, and make positive contributions that last for generations.
Our students work side by side with local hosts on projects selected and prioritized by the community. Global Routes student groups have constructed schools, health clinics, and community centers in rural communities around the world. From irrigation projects in the high Peruvian desert to stream clean-ups in the Costa Rican rainforest to Friendship Camps in the mountains of Lesotho, our students roll up their sleeves and find joy in the reward of hard work, camaraderie, and authentic cross-cultural learning.
ITALY & GREECE
- Connect with Italians living sustainably by learning about agriculture and natural building from an intentional community outside of Rome.
- Dive deep into Firenze (Florence), working with an urban garden project, visiting local NGOs and exploring the “birthplace of the Renaissance.”
- Island hop to Crete, where you’ll explore Greek language and culture, explore archaeological sites, and stop at small farms along the way.
Cost and Session Information
TUITION: $8,995. International airfare is not included in the tuition.