BE MORE THAN A TOURIST! Global Routes is a pioneer in the world of immersive international programming for high school students. Our transformative program model combines meaningful community service, authentic homestays, and unparalleled adventures off-the-beaten-track...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Agriculture, Arts, Anthropology
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: 413.585.8895
From London to the countryside: Explore history, culture, and community through the lens of sustainable solutions while building leadership skills. Hop on a train to Totnes, a community known for their regenerative initiatives. Stay on a nature preserve, camp along the river, and rappel down the coast before exploring London town!
WHO WE ARE
We offer students the unparalleled opportunity to immerse themselves in small rural communities, develop deep and mutually fulfilling cross-cultural relationships, and make positive contributions that last for generations.
Our students work side by side with local hosts on projects selected and prioritized by the community. Global Routes student groups have constructed schools, health clinics, and community centers in rural communities around the world. From irrigation projects in the high Peruvian desert to stream clean-ups in the Costa Rican rainforest to Friendship Camps in the mountains of Lesotho, our students roll up their sleeves and find joy in the reward of hard work, camaraderie, and authentic cross-cultural learning.
SUMMER IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Take the train to the off-the-beaten-path town of Totnes, where you’ll delve into their community regeneration and sustainability initiatives.
- Master your leadership and outdoor skills through intentional team challenges on a nature reserve – canoe, trek, and rappel cliffs.
- Discover London on a week-long journey, curated with purposeful visits to learn about refugees, sustainability, history, culture, and food.
Cost and Session Information
TUITION: $9,995. International airfare is not included in tuition.