Thinking about going into the field of medicine, medical science, or healthcare and want a real-world taste of what it’s like? Wake Forest's pre-college online courses in medicine, designed for high school students ages 13 and up, have been created for this purpose. We offer exciting topics in the medical field, covered in-depth, through online coursework. You’ll learn from Wake Forest physician faculty and professors and earn a Certificate of Completion from Wake Forest...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Filmmaking and Digital Media, Business, Economics, Finance, Journalism, Pre-Med, STEM, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Psychology, Career Exploration, Cybersecurity
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration, Government and Public Administration, Health Science, Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
The Georgetown Pre-College Online Program offers flexible, online courses in law, medicine, surgery, investing, psychology, and more for students ages 13 and older. You will learn through dynamic video featuring Georgetown faculty, be guided by a mentor well-versed in your course subject, and earn a Certificate of Completion.
At Georgetown, we believe that you're more than a mind. You're an individual with unique talents, dreams, and passions. Our long-held Jesuit tradition of cura personalis means "care for the whole person," and our goal in creating these new online courses is to provide a holistic experience for you. As an individual with unique talents, dreams and passions, you deserve the opportunity to develop and refine what makes you you. If you are intrigued by a certain subject and would like to explore it in-depth before college, here is your chance. Georgetown University now offers pre-college online courses for students ages 13 and older. Each features dynamic video lessons by renowned Georgetown faculty and support from your mentors. The program is available year-round, and the online format enables you to study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace.
The subjects currently offered are:
- International Law
- International Relations
- Journalism & Media
- Medical Research
Cost and Session Information
All course options, whether 2 or 4 weeks, have the identical educational content, learning materials, and number of assignments. The difference in length of course is due to time of year (not amount of instruction). We know the school year keeps you busy, so we’ve made the course longer during that time so that you can get assignments done.
Fees: $1795 for all courses
Check our website for more information about the courses that interest you!