- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Rock Climbing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The "Get Outside" Trek is a fantastic program designed for students to enjoy the beautiful outdoors and learn new skills. Find out more!
Students will spend seven exciting days at the Basecamp, located in Thoreau, New Mexico. They can expect to go caving, rock climbing, hiking, and much more! On other days, they may stay at Basecamp to learn directly from the experienced Cottonwood Gulch staff. In the evenings, students will enjoy dinner, bonding activities, and a campfire. Then they will rest in the rustic, open air cabins located in the middle of the Ponderosa and Juniper forest. Students will have the opportunity to learn new valuable life skills such as plant identification, cooking, rock climbing, and farming. There will also be lessons focused on metalsmithing, animal tracking, and mountain biking! These seven days will surely be the highlight of the summer!