- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Music, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
The Music Trek is perfect for adventurous musicians who want to explore the outdoors. Find out more!
During this program, musicians will learn about songwriting, instrument making, music performance, and much more! They will learn directly from experts from the Cottonwood Gulch Basecamp as well as well know New Mexico musicians. Students will see how the Southwest culture and environment influences its music and musicians. There will also be lessons focusing on learning a new instrument, playing music in a group, and refining skills. Though this program is very focused on music, it is incredibly beginner friendly and accepting of intrepid musicians of all levels. Out of the three weeks, musicians will spend two weeks visiting local professionals in New Mexico and one week at the Basecamp.