- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Rock Climbing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
The Mountain Desert Trek is the perfect program for those who enjoy exploring the outdoors and overcoming challenges.
For 46 days, students will be immersed in the beautiful wilderness of the Southwest. They will develop skills as they particpate in planning expeditions, personal projects, and communal living. They can also expect to gain leadership and communicative skills as they work in a collaborative environemnt. Some activities they can expect include multi-day backpacking trips and visiting the stunning landscapes of the Southwest. Students will learn about ecology, culture, as well as survival skills including cooking on a tiny stove, route finding, selecting a campsite, and reading a topographic map. By the end of the program, they will come away with new friendships, important life skills, and a new perspective on life and its challenges.