- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Rock Climbing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
The Cottonwood Gulch Outfit Expedition is the perfect opportunity for students who love spending time outdoors and have a sense of adventure!
For two weeks, students will explore New Mexico and spend lots of time learning important life skills. For the first week of this program, students will stay at Basecamp. There, they will be taught skills such as farming, cooking, making music, and rock climbing. There will also be lessons focusing on metalsmithing, animal tracking, and mountain biking. Next, they will embark on an expedition to explore New Mexico. They may enjoy the sunrise on Mount Taylor, which tends to be the highlight of the program! Lastly, they will return to Basecamp to reflect on their time together and enjoy a goodbye camp fire. Clearly, this will be a great opportunity for students to experience the wilderness, make new friendships, gain life skills, and make memories that will last a lifetime.