Imperial’s Global Summer School offers an intensive academic programme, giving students a taste of what it is like to learn at a world-leading university. Applying to this programme is an excellent opportunity to expand your subject knowledge in science, engineering or medicine and add weight to a future university application.
Exclusively online in 2021, we are offering a two week STEM programme in both July and August.
This is a fee-charging programme. The cost for 2021 is £1,845.
In week one you will join a learning stream: either engineering, medicine and life sciences, or physics and attend a range of focussed sessions delivered by Imperial academic staff. This will give students a real insight into what it is like studying at university.
You will have the chance to attend our masterclasses to prepare you for the university application process in the UK. Topics may include: how to apply to a UK university, how to write a personal statement and interview skills.
In week two you will take part in a team project working together with students from other streams to solve a real-world challenge. The group challenge allows students to understand Imperial’s ethos of entrepreneurship, teamwork and the desire to find practical solutions to real-world issues.
Cost and Session Information
Payment and fees
The fee for the online programme in 2021 is £1,845 per person.
Payment must be made by credit or debit card through our online payment portal. We are unable to hold a place on the programme before full payment is received. It is not possible for payment to be made in stages; payment must be received in full for your place to be confirmed.
Engineering stream (week one)
- Map drivers of environmental change in Civil Engineering, explore facilities such as the Carbon Capture Pilot Plant with Chemical Engineering or be challenged to develop the most durable material in Material Science. Many more disciplines await you!
Medicine and Life Sciences stream (week one)
- Explore essential medical research techniques and learn clinical skills under the supervision of academic experts.
Physics stream (week one)
- Get to grips with a fundamental concept in the Physical Sciences, oscillations. You will explore its far-reaching consequences across multiple disciplines, where you will learn new computer programming skills and new mathematical techniques.
STEM challenge (week two)
- Join a project group with students from other learning streams. Together, test your creativity and share expertise to solve a real-world challenge.
Masterclasses (Both weeks)
- Learn how to write outstanding applications, creative cover letters and credible CV’s from University experts.