Imperial’s Global Summer School is a two-week residential STEM programme based in the heart of central London. Take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme. Access professional advice and guidance on applying to study at university in the UK, especially to Imperial. Stay in real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. Enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme. ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Computer Skills
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (+44) 020 75 943 252
Our two-week residential programme in the heart of London is a great way to develop your subject knowledge in physics and add weight to a future university application. You'll take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes specialist workshops, lectures and seminars. Stay in a real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. And enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme.
Applications are now closed for our 2023 programme. We have been overwhelmed by the response to Global Summer School this year and want to thank everyone who expressed an interest or applied.
To register your interest for Global Summer School 2024 please 'Request Information'.
This stream focuses on the physics and mathematics of a central concept in the physical sciences where you will learn to look at a problem or physical situation using three different tools: the mathematics of calculus; performing experiments; and simulating the situation using a computer. You will then combine your newly honed programming skills with theoretical knowledge to complete a team-based project.
- Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyse data
- Encounter new mathematical techniques in a lecture-led teaching session
- Learn the basics of the Python programming language and create computer simulations
- Present the results of your experiment as a group
- Finish the week with a real understanding of oscillations and their importance throughout the natural sciences
Topics in previous years have included:
- Python programming language
- Computer programming
- Damping and coupling between oscillators
- Data analysis
- Physics-based computer simulations
- Simulate a driven oscillator and a resonance curve
The programme fee for 2023 was £5,825. The fee for 2024 is still to be confirmed. The programme cost includes three freshly prepared meals per day. For full day trips, you will be provided with a packed lunch. Please note that payment is made in GBP. The above fee does not include any associated currency exchange or credit card fees.
Cost and Session Information
The programme fee for 2023 was £5,825. The 2024 fee is still to be confirmed. Please note that payment is made in GBP. The above fee does not include any associated currency exchange or credit card fees.
'Borja is extremely pleased with the experience and the program. Not only he learnt many topics but also had a lot of fun through social interactions and new friends. You created the right environment for his great experience! Thanks very much.'- Physics Student's Parent - August 22, 2023