Our two-week residential programme in the heart of London is a great way to develop your subject knowledge in medicine and life sciences and add weight to a future university application. You'll take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes lectures, laboratory sessions and a high level of practical work. Stay in a real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. And enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, STEM, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Study Skills, Healthcare, Computer Skills
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (+44) 020 75 943 252
Imperial’s Global Summer School is a two-week residential STEM programme based in the heart of central London.
- Take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme.
- Access professional advice and guidance on applying to study at university in the UK, especially to Imperial.
- Stay in real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus.
- Enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme.
To register your interest for Global Summer School 2024 please 'Request Information'.
Imperial’s Global Summer School offers a unique experience for students. At its heart is an intensive two-week academic programme, giving students a taste of what it is like to learn at a world leading university.
With the choice of three academic streams – Engineering, Medicine and Life Sciences, and Physics – you will increase your specialist subject knowledge, gain practical skills and work with other outstanding students from across the globe.
Part one: Knowledge Building
In the first part of the programme you will work in groups according to your chosen subject stream:
- Medicine and Life Sciences
Our academic sessions are designed and led by Imperial faculty staff. Through lectures and practical activities, you will learn about different subjects within your stream and gain insights into what it might be like to study within this field at degree level. You will also have the chance to develop a range of practical skills in workshops and laboratories, with guidance from our team of academic mentors.
Part Two: Enterprise Challenge
In the second part of the programme you will come together with students from other academic streams to share expertise and help to solve a real-world challenge facing our society, with a focus on entrepreneurship.
The Enterprise Challenge is led by the Imperial Enterprise Lab, a group of industry experts, and is a chance for you to develop vital skills you will need at university such as presentation, communication and group work, whilst working on a project that combines aspects from all academic streams.
You will work with project leaders to evolve an idea to answer the challenge question, considering how it can be developed as a business, product, initiative or concept. You will then be introduced to pitching before working in teams on your group pitch.
Included in the cost of the Global Summer School is a busy evening and weekend social programme, conducted under the supervision of our pastoral mentors. The types of activities that our social programme typically includes are:
- a day trip to Brighton, a popular UK seaside resort;
- visits to nearby museums and galleries;
- sightseeing tours of London;
- trip to a West End musical;
- on-campus activities, including sports.
Cost and Session Information
Payment and fees
The programme fee for 2023 was £5,825. The fee for the 2024 is still to be confirmed. The programme cost includes three freshly prepared meals per day. For full day trips, you will be provided with a packed lunch.
Please note that payment is made in GBP. The above fee does not include any associated currency exchange or credit card fees.
'Organisation and communication with parents were very good. Diverse and capable student group with good opportunities to make friends'- Physics Student's Parent - August 22, 2023