Our two-week residential programme in the heart of London is a great way to develop your subject knowledge in medicine and life sciences and add weight to a future university application. You'll take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes lectures, laboratory sessions and a high level of practical work. Stay in a real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. And enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: College Application, STEM, Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Career Exploration, Study Skills
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $7,000+
- Career Clusters: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (+44) 020 75 943 252
Our two-week residential programme in the heart of London is a great way to develop your subject knowledge in engineering and add weight to a future university application. You'll take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes specialist workshops, lectures and seminars. Stay in a real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. And enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme.
This highly interactive subject will expose you to a variety of engineering disciplines. Through specialist workshops, lectures and seminars, you will develop key skills and work in groups to find solutions to current engineering challenges. The programme will provide unique insight from Imperial academics with different engineering backgrounds, to help you understand the many applications of engineering in the real world.?
In 2024 students will:
- Explore a range of disciplines and facilities within the Faculty of Engineering.
- Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyse data.
- Work as part of a team to solve real-world engineering problems.
- Test their design skills in a series of team-based activities.
- Build and test models and prototypes using a range of materials.?
In the second week, students from all learning streams come together to use their knowledge to find solutions to a real-world challenge. Previous topics have included; robotics for health, wearable technology, future vision and space.
Students will also be able to participate in university and careers masterclasses, alongside a packed evening and weekend social programme.
Cost and Session Information
The programme fee for 2024 is £6,600. The programme cost includes three freshly prepared meals per day. For full day trips, you will be provided with a packed lunch.
Please note that payment is made in GBP. The above fee does not include any associated currency exchange or credit card fees.
'She mentioned the masterclasses were really good and added value. It seemed to not only teach the stream of engineering but also how it can be used in real life.'- Engineering Student's Parent - August 22, 2023