Imperial’s Global Summer School is a two-week residential STEM programme based in the heart of central London. Take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme. Access professional advice and guidance on applying to study at university in the UK, especially to Imperial. Stay in real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. Enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme. ..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Healthcare
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, Neuroscience, Healthcare, Nursing
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: +44 (0)20 75 943 252
Our two-week residential programme in the heart of London is a great way to develop your subject knowledge in medicine and life sciences and add weight to a future university application. You'll take your knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme that includes lectures, laboratory sessions and a high level of practical work. Stay in a real student accommodation on our South Kensington Campus. And enjoy a packed evening and weekend social programme.
Through a combination of classroom, workshop and laboratory session, Medicine and Life Sciences will introduce you to new research techniques and subject content. You will also learn key clinical skills in practical workshops led by health professionals at one of Imperial's affiliated hospitals.
On the Medicine and Life Sciences stream, you will:
- Conduct practical experiments, collect and analyze data
- Learn real clinical skills at a teaching hospital
- Encounter new concepts and systems in lecture-led teaching sessions
- Work as part of a team to analyze case studies and construct a genogram
- Develop your understanding of molecular biology theory and practice through a range of practical activities.
Typical Previous Programme Content:
- Cancer biology and infectious disease.
- Investigative medicine and diabetes as a major global health problem.
- The urinary system.
- Clinical skills including blood pressure, blood glucose and NEWS scoring.
- Modern approaches to the identification and isolation of genes.
The programme cost includes three freshly prepared meals per day. For full day trips, you will be provided with a packed lunch.
Our packed programme of social activities and events will show you why London so richly deserves its title as the world's best student city.
Cost and Session Information
The 2022 programme fee is £5,295.
The fee includes all tuition, accommodation, meals and social activities. Please note that the fee is payable in GBP and may be subject to currency exchange fluctuations.