- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: College Courses, College Experience, STEM, Design, Computer Science, Leadership, Mathematics, Engineering, Coding, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications, Human Services, Information Technology, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
For more than 60 years, Syracuse University has been providing exceptional and transformative pre-college experiences to high school students from around the world. The It Girls course is for students who want to learn more about careers in STEM.
It Girls is a STEM course that gives high school students the courage and tenacity they need to solve real problems. High school students will take part in a variety of workshops that introduces them to topics centered around careers that leverage information, data, and technology.
- Web Design
- Project Management
- Human Centered Design
- Social Media
- Information Security
- Data Science/Analytics
Through lectures, hands-on activities, and the building of a professional portfolio, participants will become empowered and informed about leveraging and utilizing technology to problem solve in any subject area.
Students leave the experience energized, driven, curious about information technology, and inspired to seek future opportunities in STEM.