This course will help prepare students for the quality of writing expected at the college level. Through a variety of different writing activities this course will touch on grammar, punctuation, developing outlines, composing essays, creative writing, practical writing, social media writing, and end the course by completing a formal research paper. Every day there will be a writing assignment as well as a bit of work each day towards a traveling story and the final paper...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: May, June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Two Months
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Arts, Humanities
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Boston College Experience offers courses that cover topics from business, nonprofit management, intro to psychology, and creative writing. Program also offers rising high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit. Two Non credit options also available. Find out more!
The Boston College Summer Term is open to non-BC students and BC students currently enrolled in the Morrissey College of Arts & Sciences, Carroll School of Management, Lynch School of Education, Connell School of Nursing and the Woods College of Advancing Studies.
Summer may be the coolest time at Boston College. You can explore new interests, accelerate your progress or stay on track for graduation—all during the season when Boston’s at its best.
With small class sizes that offer more faculty interaction, Summer Session is an ideal opportunity to advance on your path while developing your interests. And our summertime offerings can satisfy many college and university course requirements.