- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Literature, Reading, Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Through the study of creative nonfiction, fiction, and poetry, students will explore their own unique voices and the diverse voices of published writers. Students will identify and analyze different styles of writing and learn a variety of techniques that they will put into practice by writing their own original creative pieces.
Classes will consist of reading, discussion, writing exercises, and writing workshops in which students will have the opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback on their work. As a seminar capstone, students will serve as editors and designers of a class literary journal and will have the opportunity to participate in a public reading to present their work.