- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United States, Uruguay, Guatemala, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Venezuela, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Philippines, Slovenia, Paraguay, Bosnia, Croatia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, July, August, September
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Summer is an ideal time to study abroad in high school. Discover new people, places, and perspectives without missing out on your school year back home. Whether you want a two-week dive into sustainable development or a two-month language-learning program, you’ll find our summer study abroad options pack a lot into a little time.
AFS exchange programs draw people from around the world who want to get to know people from other countries. Participants live with a host family while attending school or working within a community, gaining a fresh perspective on a foreign culture. By experiencing new cultures as outsiders, AFS Participants also gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their home cultures.