Summer is an ideal time to study abroad in high school. Discover new people, places, and perspectives without missing out on your school year back home. Whether you want a two-week dive into sustainable development or a two-month language-learning program, you’ll find our summer study abroad options pack a lot into a little time...(more)
- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Russian Federation, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Paraguay, Bosnia, Croatia, Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Academic Year, Semester
- Start Month: July, August, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
AFS-USA offers programs for travelers who are 18 and older to study abroad. Turn wanderlust into an impactful experience! Put global learning towards your next degree, accelerate your career development, or inspire the next generation of students. You can choose from places such as Denmark, Brazil, Belgium, New Zealand, and more!
We're all about authentic immersion. Our programs are designed and run by local staff and volunteers who know the culture because it's theirs. Connecting with people from different backgrounds can expand and diversify your perspectives and ways of solving problems, making you more adaptable and creative.
Studying abroad can help college and job applications stand out and you'll make lasting connections with real people.
Learn more today!