- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia, Brazil, Fiji, France, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mauritius, Morocco, Panama, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Jamaica, Galapagos Islands, Bali, Borneo, Aruba, Multiple Locations, St. Vincent
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Semester, Other, Three Weeks
- Start Month: February, June, July, September
- Category: Academic
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Boat
- Application Fee: $75
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Minimum Cost: $5,000 - $9,999
- Call: (941) 924-2900
We offer unique educational adventures where our students live full-time aboard our vessels while spending a semester of their gap year sailing from island to island, country to country, or continent to continent in any number of global locations.
Learning, at its best, should be an active process, one in which the students are challenged on a daily basis with responsibilities that play a large part in the outcome of the voyage. Our gap year and study abroad semester at sea programs are designed to do just that - learn by doing, while seeing and experiencing those things that most students only read about in books.
The shipboard education programs that we offer are highly experiential, yet college-level academics are a strong component of each voyage. In this respect, students further their own knowledge as well as build their college transcripts while sailing aboard with us.
You will learn marine biology and oceanography as you conduct research diving on the reefs; geology as you trek through mountainous terrain; meteorology and navigation as you plot your course among the islands; leadership skills as you work within a close team. Our Global voyages also offer advanced level sail training, professional development, and even the opportunity for more advanced students to design and implement their own personal educational project. The learning is multifaceted. Thus the curriculum, as well as the day-to-day itinerary and schedule, come to life. The experiences onboard are life-defining and rewarding, not simply as an adjunct part, but rather as a benchmark of your education.
Cost and Session Information
We run multiple voyages throughout the year. Please visit the voyages page of our website for accurate information on the dates, destinations, and tuitions for our upcoming programs.