- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Argentina, Botswana, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Fiji, Ghana, Kenya, Mexico, Mongolia, Peru, Romania, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Nepal, Philippines, Jamaica, Galapagos Islands
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
Projects Abroad is one of the largest volunteer abroad organizations in the world. Use your gap year after high school to explore other countries, realize your potential, and gain real-world experience. You can explore a career you’re interested in, like medicine or law, and add relevant work experience to your resume.
Unlock your potential and use your gap year abroad to discover what you’re capable of. With Projects Abroad, you’ll gain real-world experience and support communities in need at the same time. It’s an exciting and different way to start the next chapter of your life after high school.
On a gap year program abroad after high school, the experience can be designed to benefit your exact interests and goals. You can explore a career you’re interested in, like medicine or law, and add relevant work experience to your resume. We have options for students who’ve deferred their college acceptance, and for those who don’t feel they’re ready for university just yet. Whatever your motivation, we’ll be there to help you find what you’re looking for.
There’s a lot you can get involved in by volunteering abroad on your gap year. You can protect endangered ecosystems and wild animals on a Conservation Project. Or, give children the educational support they desperately need on a Childcare Project. If you’re eager to be more independent, we are here to assist you with customizing your own gap year program.
Please visit our website for more information on how to get started.