- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Peru
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
For a chance to truly get away from it all this summer, join us for two weeks in the Peruvian rainforest, located deep in the heart of the Amazon. This project offers a unique opportunity to experience the rainforest environment and participate in important conservation activities.
Upon arrival at our jungle base at the Taricaya Lodge, you will be given a full orientation and receive an introduction to the project from one of our conservation staff. You will spend the two weeks working on the same schedule as our regular and more experienced volunteers. Projects currently include wildlife observations from our viewing platform high in the jungle canopy, night observation walks along the extensive network of trails, work on our animal release program, and managing a pilot farm we've created.