- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Peru, United States, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, Galapagos Islands, Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Social Justice, Leadership, International Relief, Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Call: (406) 551-4423
For more than 30 years, VISIONS has set the standard for service and exchange programs. We also incorporate important sustainability initiatives. Get to know local residents, accomplish impactful projects, and make lifelong connections. Summer programs for middle and high schoolers; Gap for 17 - 23 year-olds. U.S. and worldwide locations.
VISIONS programs are grounded in a philosophy that has been changing the lives of teenagers and young adults for more than three decades. We believe it is best to do one thing and do it well. That’s why across all teen summer programs we have one model, built on the pillars of meaningful service, full cultural immersion and adventurous exploration.
Our student volunteers work among Blackfeet and Northern Cheyenne people on Montana Indian reservations and with indigenous Athabascans in Alaska, as well as abroad in South and Central America, and the Caribbean. Programs are 12 days to four weeks long, and some sites include Spanish or French language immersion. In addition to VISIONS programs for high school students, we offer one middle school program in Montana.
Gap Programs: Building upon our successful program model for teens, VISIONS also offers Gap programs for 17 to 23 year-olds. These fall and spring Gap programs focus on sustainable development, regenerative agriculture, connecting with nature, building action plans for change, and community-building. Currently VISIONS Gap programs take place at our Montana Ranch, and locations may expand in the future.