The Digital Media Production Academy is an intensive learning experience that introduces students to the professional methods of visual storytelling techniques used in the broadcast industry. Students learn, hands-on, in our state-of-the art production stage, sound studio, and radio station located in the new Center for Communication and Creative Media, while gaining media literacy and exploring the role of broadcast media in American culture...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Game Design
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Get a jump start on your career in game development at The Champlain Game Academy. This two-week program introduces high school students to all aspects of game development--including game design, game art and animation, programming, sound, testing and production.
Taking game ideas from concept to execution is a team effort, which is why real game industry studios revolve around collaboration. The Champlain Game Academy immerses you in a workplace setting that replicates what you'll experience as a professional game developer. Under the direction of professors The Champlain Game Academy will introduce you to all aspects of game development, including game design, game art and animation, programming, sound, testing and production.
The curriculum is modeled on the collaborative approach of The Game Studio cohort at Champlain College. Students will have the opportunity to focus on their areas of special interest, and with the instruction of industry professionals will finish the Academy by co- creating a finished portion of a game.
Cost and Session Information
There are different levels depending on your interests and ability:
- Level 1: Session 1 (July 11 to 22) and Session 2 (July 25 to August 5)
- Level 2: Session 2 (July 26 to August 6)
- Introduction to Game Development, for 7th to 9th graders: Session 1 (June 27 - July 1, 2022)
- Introduction to Game Development, for 7th to 9th graders: Session 2 (Aug 8 - Aug 12, 2022)